Want to join The Femedic team? Great! You're in the right place. Take a look at our vacancies below and get applying.
As well as the role below, we are currently accepting prospective applications from marketers, staff journalists or editors, and full-stack developers. If that sounds like you and you'd like to join the team, email a hello to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital marketing assistant
Are you passionate about raising the profile of women’s health issues? Do you have your finger on the pulse of digital trends and conversations where it comes to women’s health and women’s rights?
The Femedic are looking for a creative, driven, and analytical person to support our social and email marketing channels and research projects for our clients. You’ll primarily be an outstanding storyteller and problem-solver who is passionate about women’s health and social justice, with bags of initiative and a keen creative flair.
You must be excited by the creative potential of digital media to tell impactful and engaging stories, and always be on the hunt for new opportunities to maximise our online impact. You will be joining us at an exciting stage of growth, so you’ll need to be a self-starter who is able to think on your feet, pick things up quickly, and get the most out of our resources.
The current conversation about women’s health is not addressing the full picture of our needs, and The Femedic is dedicated to rectifying this. We need the right person to help us.
Your primary role will be split between growing The Femedic’s digital marketing channels and supporting on research and consultancy projects for our clients. This will mostly include creating and posting creative and engaging content for The Femedic’s channels that maximises our reach and following. Client work will include research support and ad-hoc copywriting and content production.
You’ll be curious, driven, and engaged with the issues we cover, always going the extra mile to champion our mission. You’ll report directly and work closely with our Founder and Editor.
This role would suit someone with junior marketing, digital campaigning, or content creating experience, particularly for social media.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating engaging and impactful content for The Femedic’s social media channels, including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Working strategically towards channel and campaign goals, including building our digital following and nurturing our digital communities
- Maximising reactive opportunities via social for The Femedic i.e., breaking news
- Writing, managing, and growing our weekly newsletter, Femedic Editions
- Working with our Founder to contribute ideas, research, and creativity to the editorial and strategic direction of our marketing channels
- Research support for our clients: working directly with our Founder to collect, organise, and analyse audience data
- Marketing support for our clients: content production, including copywriting and social media content production
You’ll need to be:
- Absolutely enamoured with social media and digital culture. You must have an eagle eye for which conversations and trends we should follow and the types of stories we should tell
- Strategic and analytical. Telling impactful stories relies on problem solving: who are your audience and what are their needs?
- Comfortable using social and performance metrics to inform your strategy and creativity
- Passionate about our vision. We are changing the conversation about women’s health and truly hope to make change happen
- Enthusiastic and dedicated. We love what we do and believe in this project, and will need someone to share this with us!
What you’ll get from us:
- You’ll be joining an exciting start up, founded by an award-winning marketer and activist
- The opportunity and space to contribute to our movement from an early stage
- Room to grow as our brand and company does: this role has the potential to develop into a senior marketing or social media role
- Hands-on, client-facing experience at the helm of exciting projects and campaigns
About The Femedic
The Femedic is a media and research platform for women’s health that analyses digital content around women's health topics ('the digital conversation') and identifies how this conversation needs to change in order to meet the holistic picture of women's health needs.
Our research illuminates what is missing from this conversation and this informs the media we create. Through both, we are creating a new, women-centric conversation about health.
We are currently developing a research tool that will allow us to enable wider industry access to our insights, while building our media reach and impact across different channels. Since launching as a brand in 2017, we’ve picked up some brilliant coverage, including in Cosmopolitan, The Mail on Sunday, iNews, Broadly, the Metro, and the BBC. Our Founder was featured on BBC 2’s Victoria Derbyshire programme and was nominated for Female Entrepreneur of the Year in the British Small Business Awards 2018. In 2017, our editorial team was nominated for The Drum’s B2C editorial team of the year.
We’ve done some brilliant work developing The Femedic and need the right person to help us make it even bigger, better, and more taboo-busting.
To apply, please complete this form on our website.
Note: you must be based in, or eligible to work in the UK to be considered for this role
Page last updated October 2019