Want to join The Femedic team? Great! You're in the right place. Take a look at our vacancies below and get applying.
Deputy Editor - The Femedic
Are you passionate about raising the profile of women’s health issues? Are you a brilliant writer who believes in the power of good media to make change?
The Femedic are looking for a passionate, driven, and creative person to help manage our online editorial offering. You’ll primarily be an outstanding writer and storyteller who is passionate about women’s health and social justice, with bags of initiative and a keen creative flair.
You must love the editorial process: reading, writing, subbing, and coming up with conversation-changing content ideas. You will be joining us at an exciting stage of growth, so you’ll need to be a self-starter who is able to think on your feet, pick things up quickly, and get the most out of our resources.
The simple fact of being a woman is a key social determinant of experiencing health inequalities. We are dedicated to rectifying this and need the right person to help us.
Your primary role will be to oversee and manage the production of brilliant educational and editorial content for the website, including informative content, blog content, and website copy. You will use insights from audience and industry research to inform clever and hard-hitting content ideas.
You’ll be curious, driven, and engaged with the issues we cover, always going the extra mile to champion our cause. You’ll report directly and work closely with our Founder and Editor.
This role would suit someone with at least a year of writing and editing experience for a brand or publication.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing an on-site content plan, including sourcing and managing a team of freelance writers
- Nailing the complete editorial process: briefing articles, sub-editing articles to perfection, and writing brilliant copy
- Researching, pitching, and contributing a quota of articles to The Femedic on a monthly basis, including opinion pieces, news articles, and long reads
- Audience and industry research to identify new content angles, ideas, and titles
- Contributing ideas and creativity to the editorial direction of The Femedic: including editorial and marketing themes, article ideas, events, and social media ideas
- Support in the planning and running of events with brand partners and for our members
- Create and post copy for social media
You’ll need to be:
- Absolutely enamoured with writing. You must be a brilliant writer and eagle-eyed editor who knows what sounds right and what doesn’t work
- Passionate about our vision. We are changing the conversation about women’s health and truly hope to make change happen
- Super organised: we’re a growing start up and things move quickly in digital
- Enthusiastic and dedicated. We love what we do and believe in this project, and will need someone to share this with us!
What you’ll get from us:
- You’ll be joining an exciting start up, founded by an award-winning marketer and activist
- The opportunity and space to contribute to our movement from an early stage
- Room to grow as our brand and company does
- An inspiring, fun team to learn from
About The Femedic
The Femedic is a digital discussion space and publication that seeks to change the default way we approach, conceive, and take action on women’s health. We want to be the #1 place where women go globally to access this new thinking, along with trustworthy resources and support that place them at the centre of their care.
Since launching in 2017, we’ve picked up some brilliant coverage, including in Cosmopolitan, The Mail on Sunday, iNews, Broadly, The Pool, the Metro, and the BBC. Our Founder was featured on BBC 2’s Victoria Derbyshire programme and was nominated for Female Entrepreneur of the Year in the British Small Business Awards 2018. In 2017, our editorial team was nominated for The Drum’s B2C editorial team of the year.
We’ve done some brilliant work developing this brand and need the right person to help us make it even bigger, better, and more taboo-busting.
To apply, please complete this form on our website.
Note: you must be based in, or eligible to work in the UK to be considered for this role